Ok, ok. I promise this is my last post today. What can I say?? When you're on a roll...keep on truckin!
This was my first attempt at anything labeled "stew". That word scares me. Why? Who knows. Maybe because I'm afraid it will be bland and unworthy of the time put forth.
But...holy Moses! This was great! "Pretty good" by Jake's standards...but he has a different scale than I do.
I will admit I tweaked the recipe just a tad. Only to add Jake's rib meat he smoked a few days prior. That was a smart move. It added a little smokey flavor that I will definitely be using again. In lieu of Jake's smoked rib meat, I would just add some cumin, chili powder and maybe a dash of brown sugar.
The only addition to this meal was crusty garlic bread! Because you can't soak up yummy goodness with your finger.
Here's the link...now go make some!!
Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika