March 28, 2013

What's for Dinner? No-Bake Energy Bites

Ok.  So it's not dinner.  It's not even lunch.  But good grief, I almost ate the whole bowl.  I figured I better tell the world about this amazing find!

What do I love about this recipe? It takes less than 5 minutes, they're crunchy, variations abound and no *added* sugar!  Plus, they're perfect for breakfast on the go.  Luke will tell you himself - they're "mm mm" good.  Mama - 1  Picky Eater - 0

Since I varied the recipe so much, I'll just give you my version. The link to the original recipe is at the bottom of this post.


No-Bake Energy Bites 
Yield: About 3 dozen
No-Bake Energy Bites
  • 1/2 cup (dry) oatmeal 
  • 1/2 rice krispies cereal
  • 2/3 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
variations: chocolate chips, nuts, cranberries, mini M&Ms, sunflower seeds, dark chocolate

Original Recipe
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

No comments:

Post a Comment